Flowers make great gifts on Valentine’s. However, not all people enjoy them. In fact, most recipients of flower arrangements see them as a waste of money. Flowers cost a lot and yet they just wilt after a few days. Are you looking for alternative gifts to flowers this season of love? Check out the following items and choose the right match for your budget and preferences.
1) Chocolates – Who doesn’t like chocolates? Most men and women enjoy eating chocolates or the feeling of receiving a whole box of them specifically on a special day. If the person you have in mind doesn’t like the texture of chocolates, give him or her a box of candies instead. Think of another gift option if he or she happens to be a diabetic.
2) Hallmark card – Some people value words more than gifts. Express how you feel in a hallmark greeting card. If you’re aren’t good with words, just choose a card with a message that best describes your feelings.
3) Framed photographs – Are you fond of making memories with your loved one? Snap a photo of one of these memories. Insert the photo in a stylish frame and hand it as a Valentine’s gift.
4) Jewelry – Jewelry gifts need not be expensive. Some jewelry shops offer Sterling lines of bracelets, necklaces and rings at affordable prices. Just take the time to think what piece of jewelry your loved one will like as a gift.
5) Stuffed animals – Teddy bears that whisper ‘I love you’ never fail to melt the heart of female recipients especially on Heart’s Day. Other stuffed animals have sweet words embroidered or 30-second message recorders embedded in their bellies. Take your pick.
6) Fruits – Chocolate or sugar coated fruits is a variant for chocolates or candies. These fruits aren’t only sweet to eat. They also come with health benefits.